Student Budget Spreadsheet

As many of you might know, the default templates in Excel and Numbers aren’t all that equipped for uni students.

After a fair dose of modification on an existing Numbers template, I’ve optimised this for students, able to put in their incomings, outgoings, student loan, rent, all that jazz and some extra fields for that little bit extra you spend but doesn’t really have a place.

I’ll place it here for you to download and give it a whirl. I haven’t gone over it with a fine comb yet so there may possible be some glitches, but the basic structure works and any feedback is highly appreciated.

Click here to download the Student Budget spreadsheet – This only works in Numbers for Mac (sorry Microsoft users)

Hope this helps.

MouseDuck

I wonder if there’s an animal as quiet as a mouse but has the swimming capabilities of a duck?

FUCK YEA THERE IS! A MOUSE WITH DUCK FEET!

RatDuck

Fatpants Vector

The vector bug has bitten, I’m getting really into doing these things. So I found a photograph on Google and as soon as I saw it, I fell in love. It was perfect.

This one I did so much quicker than the previous,but that’s what comes with practice I suppose. Also this image wasn’t as high resolution as my previous so it was a lot more vague and the detailing was minor.

Here they are side by side, photo by vector, potato potáto.

FatPants

Then I added a background and it’s done. You can see the final version on my portfolio, but to be honest. It’s just got a different background.

Vectorisation.

I’ve seen these amazing pop art style images of girls around the internet and on club flyers. I really like them, the simplicity of it, the minimal use of colours.

I decided to give it a go, so I found a photograph of my girlfriend from her old art coursework on my computer and started to vectorise. It was challenging at first, deciding where to put the shadows and in what order to build up the picture on, but I got there eventually and lo and behold, I think for a first attempt, it turned out really well.

Here’s the photo:

DSCF1011

and the final piece.

Vectorised

Viola! I’m going to make some more of these vectors. There’s something quite mesmerizing about the whole process.